We build, sell, and repair bikes of all kinds.
We feature NEW bikes from carefully selected brands that offer superior performance and customer service.
In addition, some of our bikes are built from a mix of new and recycled parts based on the rider’s intended use and budget....these days demand often exceeds our supply but feel free to ask.
Our full service workshop can repair or modify any bike you may already have.
Freeze Thaw Cycles is living responsibly in the world through a commitment to:
Honesty & core values: no pushy salespeople here. Our staff will guide you to practical products, not a closeout deal that doesnʼt fit your needs.
Advocacy & community involvement: we work hard to expand safe bike routes & to maintain the best trail network around.
Select products: ones we believe in from companies that offer the same friendly support & perfectionist service that we extend to our customers.
Wrenching with pride & skill: and a mighty fine selection of tools for the job.
Supporting Freeze Thaw Cycles helps support these organizations:
International Mountain Bike Association - IMBA - FTC is an official IMBA Retailer.
Penns Valley Conservation Association
Trade-ins and Donations:
We are still on the hunt for good quality used bicycles and components. Over the years it seems that the local demand for these items has exceeded our supply, so we need your help. Take a look around the old garage, basement, or barn and bring us what you don't want.
We accept trade-ins for cash, store merchandise, service, or gift certificates. Some people also choose to donate unwanted bikes or parts to us for a last chance at salvaging them before they end up in the trash. Any unusable items are recycled accordingly.
If you have a bike or bike parts that you want to get rid of, stop by our Allen Street shop for a free estimate. We usually only accept bikes that came from a real bike shop (no department store bikes).
There are always certain items that we are in dire need of, and some that we have in abundance. It's always worth stopping over for an estimate, the worst we will tell you is 'no'. Certain busier times of the year allow us more freedom to purchase bikes, while trading for parts, service, or store credit is usually a better deal for both parties.
Some items that we are always searching for include:
- Shop buyouts - partial or complete - mostly for vintage tools, parts + fixtures
- Sturmey Archer AW 3 speed hub internal parts, 36 hole hubs/shells and shifters...I also need an SA 4 speed indicator spindle really bad to complete a project I started when we opened!
- Grove Innovations bikes, parts, and memorabilia
- Vintage road, mountain and BMX bikes, parts + accessories
- Any cycling-related media: books, catalogs, magazines, VHS or Laserdisc...also a Laserdisc player.
- Formula One BMX bikes from Hutch, Schwinn, Randor, General, Diamondback
- Anything Schwinn-Approved (pre-2000)...Stingrays to Homegrowns...
- Vintage bicycle tools...J.Wag is still looking for a VAR dish tool...and any other VAR, Eldi or Hozan tools...also, the allusive Park TS-3 truing stand (why not have 3?)
- Metal toolboxes and drawers - Kennedy, Snap-On, Lista, Craftsman, and others of good quality
- Anything strange and old...